22 March 2009

Cough, cough, hack!



A day after having a 2 hour massage and my favorite Thai lunch (consisting of Chiang Mai sausage with sticky rice, fresh mangoes and a glass of rose) my internal clock is now fast forwarding by about 12 hours to Chiang Mai time without a fight.

Now, I only need to adjust to walking in the blistering heat while being able to actually "see" the air I'm breathing. You see, in Chiang Mai, March and April are the hottest time of the year. It's also when the farmers in the surrounding countryside partake in a post harvest ritual called "slash and burning". The skies are filled with the haze from all the fires. And of course, it seems like all winds blow towards the city while I'm here. Time to hit the pharmacy for bronchitis meds considering everyone around me sounds like the are trying to cough up a lung.

Anyway, here is a pic of where I am staying. It's beautifully decorated Elliebum on Ratchamaka inside the old city center. The woman in the picture is Gade, the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment